PADI Open Water Diver Course
Get your PADI scuba certification! If you’ve always wanted to learn how to scuba dive, discover new adventures or simply see the wondrous world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. PADI Junior Open Water Diver (10 – 14 years) PADI Open Water Diver (15 years +), once certified you have the freedom to scuba dive with a buddy, independently or with a professional.
Discover the millions of wonderful, colourful and excitingly diversified marine ecology in our oceans. In the midst of fun carefree diving, not only will you encounter fascinating underwater marine life, you will also meet many interesting people too. After all, divers are people who know how to have fun and explore new places. Scuba diving allows you to explore the underwater world – from historic shipwrecks and pristine reefs to the mysteries of your local quarry.
Connect with nature and immerse yourself in new sensations and experiences. Diving will transform your perception of life forever! Become a scuba diver and explore what you’ve been missing!
- Ferry Tickets
- Accommodations on the boat twin share bunk bed
- Food & Drinks
- You will be supplied with all the diving equipment required for the pool session and open water dives.
- Only suitable and maintained equipment will be provided to all students as this not only improves your safety but will also improve your comfort and enjoyment in the water.
- All you will need to bring is your swimming attire and towel and your instructor will provide the rest.
- All Course Materials
- All Necessary Dive Equipment
- PADI Open Water Certification Card
- Pool and Theory Sessions
- 4 Local Dives
- 10 years of age
- Virtually anyone who is in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water
- Able to swim 200 metres non-stop with no swimming aids
- Able to tread water or float for 10 minutes with no floating aids
Knowledge Development Sessions
- You will have to fill in and sign the student profile, liability releases and medical statement.
- You should be in a good healthy state, otherwise, a doctor’s opinion should be sought when in doubt.
- Upon registration, you will receive access to the PADI Open Water Diver Touch for self-study prior to the next lesson. It will take approximately 6 to 8 hours over one week for the self-study.
- You will have to complete all 5 knowledge reviews using the PADI Open Water Diver Touch prior to the lesson.
- During the session, the instructors will go through the completed knowledge reviews and evaluate any mistakes or areas where divers are uncertain or weak at. Upon complete understanding of the uncertainties, students are required to sit through a quiz followed by a final exam to ensure 100% mastery and how and when to apply the knowledge learnt.
Skills Development Session
- The Skills Development Sessions will take place at the Nongsa Resort Pool, Batam. During the sessions, fundamental skills of scuba diving that are required to keep a diver safe will be taught. Divers will also be introduced to all diving equipment needed during the course.
- Even though the fees include all gear needed for the duration of the course, it is advisable that divers invest in their personal mask, fins, snorkel and wetsuit prior to the confined water session. Reason being is that students adapt faster using their own personal gear as they will feel more comfortable and relaxed during the training. In addition, their next dive will require little or no adjustment to the equipment because they are already accustomed to their gear.
Open Water Evaluation
- This is the most important and exciting part of the course. After all the knowledge and skills development and students showing competency in them, the open water training serves as an evaluation that student divers are able to take care of themselves and their buddy when they complete the course.
- Student divers will be evaluated based on all the skills that they have been taught during their confined water training and development.
- After certified as PADI Open Water Diver Course, You may enrol to our Advance Diving Course with discounts!
5.30pm – meet up in tanah merah ferry terminal
6.30pm – arrived nongsapura resort and start pool session
9.30pm – dinner on the boat.
11.pm – sail to nikoi island and sleep on boatSaturday
3 dives & theory exam at night
sleep on boatSunday
3 dives & sail back to nonsapura resort
8pm arrive Singapore.